Monday, November 2, 2015

The Best Teachers

I love teaching.  It makes me happy, excited and inspired.  It is also humbling to realize that, despite my years of practice, studying and professional development, the best teachers are actually my students.  This year we have given them more opportunities to share with each other, and it has been so much fun.  Our All Saints 6th and 7th graders came up with their own little presentations for the verb estar, and they were far more entertaining than any worksheet.  They listened courteously to each other with genuine interest, and they remembered the material.  It is so exciting to see them have fun with Spanish and apply it.  And I may be biased, but if any of these kids go on to be TV stars, it won't surprise me, because they have the personality and talent to succeed in anything!